The Experience includes the following:
- Assisting to manoeuvre the animal into a safe position to work on
- Monitoring vital signs of the animal
- Drilling and inserting horn microchips or total de-horning, if required
- Applying medication and ointments
- Cutting of ear notches for identification purposes
- Recording important measurements including horn length, shoulder height and body length.
Once in Lifetime Opportunity
Once the rhino has been mobilized all crew and guests will enjoy a full bush breakfast. During the breakfast there will be a full de-brief of the operation and reflection of the encounter. Your efforts would have made a meaningful contribution to the survival of the species.
This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to contribute significantly to the conservation of the rhino species for future generations to enjoy.